Monday, July 5, 2010

Led by the Lord - in the little things

I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord directs our paths and decisions from day to day - often without our knowing. Every so often God shows me that after the fact and I think it is to give me chills of excitement and awe.

I recall when we ordered our first 50 manuals from Hong Kong in 1995. As a last minute decision we ordered five manuals in Chinese "because we have a sizable Chinese population here in the Philippines." The day those manuals arrived we also had a letter from Alice Ngo requesting a seminar with her Chinese students!

It has happened again.

For three years we have had pastors come to our home for 22 weeks of training. For three years I have served unlimited 3-in-1 (coffee, creamer, and sugar) packets, hot tea, Milo, Tang, and instant iced tea. This year as I was purchasing tea bags, my eye caught "Ampalaya" tea - an herbal tea widely promoted even by physicians here for diabetes. I bought two boxes. Yesterday, Vicke mentioned that she is diabetic. I pulled out the sugar-free 3-in-1 for her with instructions that she needed to come to the kitchen for it.

"Oh, no. I don't drink coffee. I only drink ampalaya tea."

No comments: